Greening your babe’s world is a conscious decision that is made well before your baby makes their grand entrance. Yes, there is much to consider and it’s easy to get overwhelmed especially if you’re not well informed or prepared. Well, have no fear, check out this handy list of things to ponder when greening your baby’s life and some “must-have” eco-products that will ensure the journey to the green side is a seamless, healthy & happy one:
- Since you’ve decided to tread lightly on the planet and teach your children the same, the book, Raising Baby Green, The earth-friendly guide to pregnancy, childbirth and baby care by Alan Greene, M.D. is something you will turn to daily. This “green Bible” will answer all your eco-prayers!
- Mamma’s health is key during and post-pregnancy. Eating organic to avoid pesticides is one way to guarantee the healthiest conception possible. Buying organic foods can be expensive so check out The Dirty Dozen and know when it’s essential to go organic!
- To make feeding time a cinch, try Green to Grow bottles. These earth-friendly products are BPA-, PVC-, lead and phthalate free. Not only are they dishwasher safe but they also come in 100% recyclable packaging.
- Baby Soft! For baby’s sensitive skin, being gentle is a must! When choosing body care products for the little one make sure they are free from all toxins and artificial fragrances.
- Tender Tush! Diaper rash is an unpleasantness all babies experience. There are a variety of baby wipes on the market (even eco-friendly, bamboo, chlorine free ones). You may even want to get crafty and create your own baby wipes – use old swaddle blankets (or any kind of soft cloth) and cut them into 6”x6” pieces. The concoction can be as simple as the one found on natural baby world:
1 Tbsp – Olive, almond or other oil
1 Tbsp – Unscented baby wash
1-2 drops – Tea tree oil
2 drops – Lavender oil
1 cup – Water
(shake well before each use) – spray on tush or wipe, or pre-soak 5-6 wipes at a time and have them ready to use. Not only are the wipes reusable but you’re saving some green as well!
These are just a few options to get you moving in a healthier direction. For more eco ideas for baby and yourself go to LifestyleBOOST.ca
Founder, Creative & Editorial Director
- Artificial Colours
- DEA (Diethanolamine)
- TEA (Triethanolamine)
- Propylene Glycol
- Diazolidinyl Urea
- Where to start
- Green Your Baby’s World
- How to Read Cosmetic Labels
- Tips for healthier nail polish alternatives
From the blog
- 100% Natural Sunscreen & Giveaway
- Spring Best Skin Seminar Schedule
- “Advanced Healthy Eating” Best Skin Seminar
- “Ageless Beauty” Best Skin Seminar
- “Managing Teenage Skin” Best Skin Seminar
- Eco-Beauty Market
- Canadian Beauty Innovation Awards: An Exciting Announcement!
- Skin Care Revolution
- Hydration Month – Week 1 Contest
- A Revolution in Anti-Aging is Coming Monday.